Cilantro Chicken Flatbread Pizza
This dish came about as a mix of ingredients I had on hand. If you’ve never had cilantro, do. You are missing out! It is the ‘tie-it-all-together’, ‘star-of-the-show’ ingredient in this easy to make pizza!
First take two boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cook them in a little EVOO. I chopped mine up so they cook faster.
As they cooked, I chopped up my veggies: onions, Crimini mushrooms, cilantro, and red peppers. I also shredded my mozzarella cheese.
I liked the colours so much I’ll add two pictures here… doesn’t that alone inspire you to try this eye and stomach pleaser dish?
I cheated and used a pizza flatbread from the store (discount at that!). Lay that on a pizza stone and put your favourite pizza sauce on the flatbread. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the sauce and add the cooked chicken.
Next sprinkle about two-thirds of the mozzarella cheese over the chicken. Mmmmm… chicken and cheese…
Get out the onions and mushrooms and sprinkle them over top. Still looking quite bland and colourless.
Now, ladies and gentlemen, it is my honour to introduce to you the stars of the show, the colour of the plate… the red pepper and green cilantro!!!! Be sure to sprinkle these on so every bite gets a taste of them both… You won’t regret being extra careful with where you place these!
There, doesn’t that just look like Christmas morning? Except it’s not really a Christmasy dish, it just kinda looks like Christmas because it’s red and green. All I know, is it looks delightful!
As a final touch, sprinkle the last of the mozzarella cheese over top. Just enough to help hold it all together and, well, just because cheese is so good!
Then, into the oven it goes, to sit and all bake together into one delightfully delicious pizza!
Never mind the messy oven, it doesn’t affect the taste…
You may sit and watch while the pizza bakes, not recommended though as it will take a long long long time to finish baking.
Finally when the cheese looks like it’s melted into that perfect state and the veggies looked baked, it is time to bring it out of the oven.
Let set a couple minutes, then, oh joy, it’s time to DIG IN!!
Amazing, yummy deliciousness!
Wow Jolene! You're an awesome blogger :) Seeya!
ReplyDeleteLove Corrine, Alyssa, Jessica, and Stacey
P.S. Sleepover time is coming again and perhaps you would love to provide a nest and make your wonderful looking pizza for four awesome young girls!